2013/01/09

LIVE MUSIC GARFIELD PARK

Today was a good day for me.   I showed up at four o'clock backed my car into the unloading area and unloaded my equipment.  I then moved the car to a parking spot on the street.  Took me two trips to get stuff down to area where I set up.  Keeping my mind set on playing for one hour.

It looked like a party in one of the Cabanas was winding down so the timing was perfect for me to set up.  I use to get nervous when there is already a party in progress, I would hate to interrupt.  I brought a new box to hold all the music instruments and now it's much easier for the kids to see the instruments.
I tell them to choose one and play it the best you can.

Most of time I don't have time to practice at home with too many other this but if I take my musical instrument out and set up I not only get to share but I get some much more focused practice in.  Playing in front of others has made me a much more courteous musician.

Finally a new sign sign at Garfield park in South Pasadena.  Looks great!