2013/01/21

Aero Props






Aero Props (helicopter spinners) has changed the nature of my live show I do at the park.  I keep  a handful of them on my music stand in a coffee holder, and tell everyone to try flying one.  I instruct them with first asking them to hold up their right hand.  Right hand must go forward in order to fly them.



Most folk spend along time revering up their Aero Props in antcipation but really it can only confuse you with which hand to release.  I've notice people need to be told when to left off.  Counting down and followed with sound effects makes it not only more exciting for the flight but also more believable.

The beginner usually needs to be aware of several crash landings before getting off the ground.  The best sound effects are ones that ending a "CRASH!" or a "SMASH!" which is available on my Sound Effect Machine.  Some live walky-talky chatter and 1950's music orchestration would make it even better...

I now have got the iPod working with the speaker, so it's just a matter of cueing up everything together.
The kids usually ask to keep the spinners but I tell them if everyone takes one I will have to go buy all new ones so leave it with me for the fun next time.

For Kids and Families
Garfield Park South Pasadena
Monday Wednesday and Friday
3:30 - 5:30 with Eric Stefani