2011/05/20

French Music Revisions

After finding the folder with all the french music I was excited to play some of it. It's funny when you loose something how all of the sudden you see how much you really want it.

I really could only play the songs I knew that I had performed at that FRENCH PARTY. To my surprise I found all sort of mistakes in the notation I had written. I played them several times at the train station marking them up with pencil, making the corrections.

"L' Autr Valse D' Amelie" was written in the wrong key. I had it in "C" and was configuring every notes that was flat or sharp with a symbol. I went into the drop down menu where you "change the key" and it did just that. The song was changed to "E" with 4 sharps. There was an option to hold the notes at the same "value" I played today at the park and the fingering and notation was right on.

"Vie En Rose" had a few note that needed to be fixed. I still can not play it like I've heard on recordings with all the romance but I am getting better at sight reading. This song is beautiful on accordion but I got to play the basses short!

I did not have "Valse D' Amelie" in the book and was trying to remember the key but to no avail. The sheet music is in the piano book, Need to move that over here.
DA DA - DA DA -DA DA! OH YEAH 3/4 Waltz how could I forget.

Lastly "Swan Lake" would work nicely with this group too. I should include "Neapolitan Dance" too. That's already written out thank God.