2010/11/20

"Reap the Wild Wind" (12'' Version) by Ultravox

Lately when ever I feel down about my own music, I can usually pick myself up by listening to others. One particular 80's track "Reap the Wild Wind" (12'' Version) by Ultravox has such a perfect beat and groove that it puts me in a dance mood that melts all my cares away. The bass line has nothing going on but the same notes in same area and it's repetition really works.


". . . you take me hand and give me your friendship . . ."


then a minor section which has the line


" . . . Take my hand . . . . . . Take my hand . . ."


you can not help but sing along


Then the two chord chorus sheds light on everything you didn't know.


" . . . Reap the Wild Wind . . ."


There's a keyboard that comes in perfect near the end which makes you know there's an extended ending. This part tells everyone to keep dancing. The keyboard sound reminds me of the band "Sparks".


Great drum track, the drummer can really play the drums.


May the sound of the irreplaceable 80's always keep us young and dancing.