2011/06/01

"The Charleston" - Jimmy Johnson





I download a lead sheet of the Charleston with the melody and chords but I could not find sheet music for both left and right hands. I applied the way I'd been seeing how to 'voice' the chords in the left hands on this version here. I tried to steer them out of the way of the right while keeping them centered around middle "C".

After hearing the 'Player Piano Rolls' version, it sounded to me like maybe there were two piano players parts playing at once. My version is much simpler but not as simple at the single note lead sheet I originally downloaded. That didn't have octaves or chords that I was hearing in my head.

The song has words but I don't think of this song sung. It's like a theme song like George Lucus's "Star Wars" or the music in Fishbone's "Party at Ground Zero".