2011/01/11

Making an Album Cover Sleeve (Booklet)

The paper I ended up using was a "Exact Vellum Bristol" 67 lb. Bristol semi-smooth finish by wausau paper. It's a card stock that is too thick, after it's folded the edge looks terrible! I went searching to Office Depot and Office Supply Warehouse but they both sell the same as far as thickness 67 lb ... When I asked the fella I said Kelly's Paper before it could leave his mouth. . . . . but I know it will be that stuff only for Color Copies not inkjet.
The only problem when you fold it down the center, what you think is 'center' for one page
is 'another center' because you have to compensate for the extra “right side” space the
printer adds!!!!! What is that extra space that gives the creator the biggest head aches?
One thing I learned about printing covers in Photoshop is to put both the front and back in the same file on different levels. This way you are using the same exactly space and pixel ratio and everything. You don't need to make two, and make sure they are both the same. Since they are in the same file it's really makes it a no brainer.

I don't know who owns the copyright on the "Clock Pictures", I should do a drawing to be safe.