2010/12/15

Piano Recital- Not The End of the World

My piano recital in this Sunday at a church in Burbank. I have been practicing "Peacherine Rag" and "Sonatina" (Beethoven) for months. It is at 2pm so maybe I should be anticipating playing (practicing) during the afternoon instead of during the morning and night? I do play during the afternoon and I usually practice on Sundays.

I am aware of the difficult parts that do arise when playing these songs. I know where I need to really concentrate. The repeats are not comfortable playing in front of the teacher so I usually skip playing them. The endings of both of these songs I blow about 40 percent of the time but I know where the problem lie so I just need to "Think!".

"Bb" then "Bbm"

then the second time "Eb"

I played "Sonatina" today and they said it was perfect! Copper Nickel bass line was simplified to two notes in he chorus. Wow, severe change from the "Night Club" bass line.